Bike paths and bike racks
The Rapibus bike path
A 14.8 km multi-purpose bike path runs along the Rapibus corridor between the Labrosse and Galeries de Hull stations.
The pont Noir crossing provides direct access between the Gatineau and Hull sector.
This bike path:
- is safe and keeps cyclists away from automobile traffic;
- provides a link with the bike path owned by Ville de Gatineau and the National Capital Commission (NCC); and
- connects the main employment, educational, recreational and commercial hubs.
- 14.8 km of bike paths along the Rapibus corridor;
- three lit and safe tunnels;
- bike racks at 9 Rapibus stations (lien page Infos pratiques/ /Réseau/Rapibus) and 6 park-and-rides (lien page Services complémentaires/ Parc-o-Bus) that can accommodate close to 240 bikes, many of them sheltered; and
- several bike trails linking the Rapibus bike path to the one owned by Ville de Gatineau and the NCC.
These new units will enhance your bike-bus combo all year-long! These secure bike parking modules contain six (6) private lockers that can be reserved and unlocked with the vélo-transit app.
Four (4) locations in Gatineau:
- In Buckingham sector -Near the Papineau Hospital, at the corner of Bélanger and Maclaren East streets;
- In front of the Cégep de l'Outaouais (Campus Félix-Leclerc), on boulevard de La Gappe near the bike path (Gatineau sector);
- Rivermead Park-and-Ride, (Aylmer sector); and
- 25 Laurier Street (Hull sector).
How it works and what it costs:
- The first 10 hours are free
- After that, the fee is $1/hour
- You use the vélo-transit mobile app to reserve and access the locker
- Check instructions.
This pilot project is made possible by the partnership between Ville de Gatineau, the Société de transport de l'Outaouais and Vélo-Transit.
Bike racks at stations and some park-and-rides
You can safely leave your bike at the following locations and continue your trip by bus.
Galeries de Hull station
De la Gappe station
Les Promenades station
De la Cité station
Cheval Blanc park-and-ride
Georges/Route 148 park-and-ride
Note: If a bike is abandoned on an STO bike rack, we reserve the right to remove it and store it on our premises. The owner of an abandoned bikes can reclaim it by calling 819-770-3242. The owner will not be entitled to reimbursement of any resulting expenses.
Bike paths in the region
Ville de Gatineau, the NCC and Ville d'Ottawa provide a network of easily accessible bike paths connecting the whole region.
Consult the Official cycling map