Exchanges and refunds
Exchange one transit pass for another on your personalized Multi card
Transfer from an e-wallet to a monthly pass
Do you have a balance on your e-wallet that you would like to transfer to a monthly pass because you’re thinking of taking the bus more often? You can use some or all of that balance on your e-wallet to buy a monthly membership
Simply go to any STO service point with your Multi card.
Transfer from a monthly pass to an e-wallet
Do you have a monthly pass but are thinking of taking the bus less often? You can transfer the value of your monthly pass to your e-wallet. You can use that amount at any time.
Go to any STO service point.
- before the 1st day your monthly pass is to become valid;
- with your Multi card.
*Please note that non-personalized cards and 1, 3 and 7-day passes are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
Monthly and semester pass
- The request must be made before the 1st day of the start of the membership.
Requests made during or after the membership period will only be granted in the following exceptional cases:
Death of the pass holder
- Only beneficiaries are entitled to a refund of any balance on the deceased pass holder’s card.
- Proof of death is required.
Pass holder no longer working (loss of employment, illness or hospitalization) for more than one month.
- Proof of cessation of employment (record of employment or medical certificate) is required for a refund.
Maternity, paternity or parental leave for more than one month
- The request must be made at the start of the leave.
- Proof (record of employment) is required for a refund.
In all cases:
- A $5 administration fee is deducted from the balance to be refunded.
- The balance must be $10 or more (after deduction of the $5 fee).
- The request must be made within 6 months.
To request the refund
Go to any STO service point:
- With your Multi card or bus tickets.
- Your request will be processed as quickly as possible.
- Once your request has been processed, a cheque will be issued to you.
- No refund will be provided on the spot.
The provisions above do not apply to transit passes issued as part of a transit pass program (Fidélité, Cam-Puce, etc.) since these passes are governed by specific rules set out in the terms and conditions for each program.
Replace your damaged, lost or stolen card
Go to any STO service point.
- If there is a balance or membership on your card, a new Multi card will be issued to you for $10 (your card must be registered to a customer's file).
- If there is no balance or membership on your card, a new Multi card will be issued to you for $8.
- If your Multi card is defective, it will be replaced free of charge along with its content.
Cancellation of enrolment in the EMPLOYER Program
If you wish to cancel your enrolment in the EMPLOYER Program, you will have to notify your employer directly. Your card will then be disactivated.