Skip to content

Back to Shool

High school, Cégep, college or university students, we have a transit pass to suit your needs. If you are between 12 and 20 years old, remember to renew your Student status by September 30 at one of our service points. Make sure you have all the required supporting documents with you.

Renewing your Student status

You must renew your Student status on your Multi by September 30 if you wish to take advantage of the savings offered on transit passes for students age 12 to 20.

The Multi card is available for $8.

Check the conditions and make sure you have all the required documents with you.

High school students

Special routes for high schools

Agreements with academic institutions to provide specific services for students who are eligible for the transportation service. It is up to each academic institution to indicate which students are eligible and to give them a Multi that is valid on school days only.

If you are eligible for this transportation service and you attend one of the following schools:

  • École secondaire De l'Île
  • École secondaire Grande-Rivière
  • École secondaire Mont-Bleu
  • Collège Saint-Alexandre
  • Collège Saint-Joseph
  • Collège préuniversitaire Nouvelles Frontières

Check the full section


ZAP is available during the school year from September to June.

It gives young riders age 12 to 16 access to unlimited travel on evenings and weekends, statutory holidays, PD days and during the Christmas holidays and spring break, for as little as $21 a month or $180 for the school year (September to June); a savings of $30! This offer is available until September 30.

ZAP+ allows holders to travel at any time in July and August for $26 a month.

Post-secondary students

Cam-Puce pass

The Cam-Puce passes are reduced fare semester passes valid for 4 months. They are available exclusively for full-time students registered at Cégep Heritage College, Cégep de l'Outaouais, UQO or any other recognized academic institution.

Debit and credit payments or cach are accepted.

NEW Cégep Heritage College Cam-Puce pass

For sale from August 19 to September 20, 2019, for $228

Cégep de l'Outaouais Cam-Puce pass 

For sale from August 16 to September 15, 2019, (until October 11 for continuing education students) for $228

UQO Cam-Puce pass

For sale from August 15 to September 20, 2019, for $170

Cam-Puce pass (other recognized academic institution)

For sale from August 15 to September 15, 201, for $294

OC Transpo U-Pass: For students living in Quebec

2019 Summer and 2019-2020 Fall-Winter semesters

If you are studying at the University of Ottawa, Carleton University, Saint Paul University or Algonquin College during the school year, you are eligible to get the OC Transpo U Pass. 

This pass is accepted on the STO system without restrictions from September 1, to April 30 and during the summer session if you are registered as a full-time student. The U-Pass is exclusively for full-time students registered at these academic institutions.

IMPORTANT: You must update your “Mailing Address” in your student file (place of residence during the school year) at your academic institution.

The U-Pass is on a smart card, so you must tap your card on the reader when you board the bus and then show the photo side of your card to the driver.

How to get the OC Transpo U-Pass

You already have a U-Pass smart card? Keep it and skip the lineup!

Your smart card can be used again for the following school year or for the summer session. Simply go to an automatic recharging unit for this purpose on your institution's campus. Make sure to find out the dates for recharging your card!

New students

To find out when and where to get this pass, check the U-Pass section  on the OC Transpo site, which has an FAQ section for each academic institution. You can also visit your student association's Web site:

 Good luck with your classes!


2012 Société de transport de l'Outaouais. All rights reserved. The information and data on this site may not be used for business purposes or financial gain without authorization from the STO.