STO on demand
Good new! STO on demande is extended for a second year!
“I could not be more delighted that this flexible service has been extended! STO on demand was designed and developed to meet the needs identified by our community. By improving the quality of local mobility in our sectors, we make it easier for people to get to work, access local services and support our merchants, we encourage people to buy local, and we help revitalize our neighbourhoods and promote social integration. In fact, that was the very essence of the pilot project.”
- M. Edmond Leclerc, Buckingham district Municipal Councillor and member of the STO Board of Directors
A complementary service for the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors
STO on demand, as the name suggests, is a personalized public transportation service offered on demand. The purpose of this service is to complement the conventional bus service in the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors in order to better meet your local transportation needs within those sectors. You asked us for more transportation options, so we came up with one just for you.
- you have to book your ride;
- your service area is limited to within those sectors, to and from an existing stop or other reference point;
- door-to-door service will be offered to customers eligible to Paratransit service;
- the service is flexible and adapted, designed to meet your transportation needs;
- a practical way to get where you want to go, when you want, within those sectors, during standard service hours;
- riders traveling in the same direction may share a vehicle; and
- a good way to transfer to route 97 or 93 via the park-and-ride at Georges and highway 148;
- Service offered by Taxi Loyal.
Book a trip
You can book a ride with STO on demand within as little as 20 minutes, or plan it ahead of time.
There are three ways to book a ride:
- With the STO on demand mobile app
• Download the STO on demand free app ;
• Set up your account or open a session
• Book your trip
• Go to the pick-up location you are given , 5 minutes in advance
See the tutorial
- Online : STOalademande.sto.ca
- By calling : 819 525-8932*
* Credit card payment is not an option when booking by phone (you will have to pay the driver with cash). To pay by credit card, you must book online through the app or the Web site.
Yes, you will receive:
- an e-mail confirmation when the booking is made;
- a notification the day before;
- a notification one hour before your pick-up time; and
- a notification 10 minutes before your pick-up time.
If you booked through the mobile app, you will receive mobile notifications.
If you booked through the Web or by phone, you will be notified by text message.
Plan a trip with the Transit app
When you plan a trip on Transit in the Buckingham and Masson-Angers sectors, STO on demand will appear among your trip options. You will be able to book on the spot because Transit will redirect you to the STO on demand app to make your booking. In addition, when you use Transit to book an STO on demand trip to the Georges park-and-ride / Route 148 to transfer to a route 97 or 93 bus, the app will choose the schedule that will get you there for the next bus. (be sure to check "Minimize walking distance" among the parameters to see these trip options).
Schedules, fares and payment options
- Mondays to Wednesdays from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Thursdays and Fridays from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sundays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Holidays from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Christmas, New year, Good Friday, Easter Monday, Victoria Day, Québec's National Holiday, Canada Day)
- Do you have a pass on your Multi card? The STO on demand service is included. Be sure to send your Multi card number ahead of time to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not use STO on demand regularly, you can pay your fare:
- by credit or debit* card when you book online through the app or the booking site;
- with cash** ($3.65 or $2.70 for students, seniors and customers enrolled in the ÉCHO program. Filled de promo code when you book your ride) when you board the bus; or
- with a bus ticket when you board the bus.
- NOTE : given that the vehicles are not equipped with readers, e-wallets and 1-day, 3-day and 7-day passes cannot be used for STO on demand.
- Will you be using STO on demand to transfer to route 97 or 93? Your STO on demand fare will be covered by your regular bus fare from the park-and-ride at Georges and highway 148. A promo code is required when booking
* Several banks do not allow online debit card payments. Check with your financial institution.
** When you pay with cash, be sure to have the exact fare because the driver cannot give you change, the same as with the regular bus.
Credit or debit card
Only through the app or the booking site.
Pay separately for each booking,
load credit on an e-wallet that will be debited for each trip you book
Choose this option if:
you want to pay cash or use a bus ticket, both of which you hand to the driver you have a valid STO pass. Be sure to send your Multi card number ahead of time to email@example.com
Fare reductions, free rides and promotions
Fare reductions, free rides and promotions offered by STO are yours for the asking when you use the following promo codes to book your trip:
Fare reductions, free rides and promotions
Fare reduced to $2.70
Write us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 819-525-8932 to validate your enrolment.
Free ride for riders transferring bandween STO on demand and the regular bus at the Georges / route 148 park-and-ride (STO 4716 stop)
For trips to the Georges park-and-ride when heading to the Gatineau sector.
For trips from the Georges park-and-ride to a destination in the Buckingham or Masson-Angers sectors.
Free ride for children under age 6 (under age 11 when the Family Fare is in effect)
Free acces during July 1st
2$ promo on weekends of July and August
2 and 3 July
Capacity and safety on the vehicle
STO on demand vehicles can accommodate two (2) to four (4) riders, depending on the vehicle. Accessible buses can take three (3) riders, including one in a wheelchair.
Car seats are not provided. As with taxis, they are not mandatory, but you are free to bring one and install it yourself.
Face masks must be worn on STO on demand vehicles.