Developer Space – Open Data
Welcome to the Developer Space!
We are sharing our planned and real-time GTFS (General Transit Feed Specification) data with the developer community to enable the creation of rider information tools.
Planned Data (GTFS)
Below is an overview of the GTFS files provided:
- Bus stop positions (stops.txt)
- Bus routes (trips.txt)
- Planned timetables for each bus route at each stop (stop_times.txt)
- Service schedule (calendar.txt)
- Holiday schedule (calendar_dates.txt)
- Transfer points (transfers.txt)
- Accessible service (routes.txt)
The planned data is automaticaly updated every 24 h.
Upload the planned data. No registration or authentication is required.
Real-time open data (GTFS-RT)
Real-time GTFS must imperatively be paired with planned GTFS in order to be functional.
Here are the tree GTFS-RT files:
- The service alerts (Alert.pb);
- The vehicule positions (VehiclePosition.pb), which contains the information regarding the occupency status;
- The trip updates (TripUpdate.pb). Two type of files are available for the trip updates :
- The « Standard » file : This file contains the schedules for all trips for which real-time information is provided by our Système d'aide à l'exploitation et information voyageur (SAEIV). It is in accordance with GTFS standards, meaning it does not require for the developer to modify or adjust in either way its application.
- The « Custom » file : This file contains the same data as the Standard file, PLUS all the adjustments and modifications made to the planned service for the present day, offering even more detailed service information. It contains the exact same information as the ones available in our STO information tools. Transit uses this file for its app. As the Custom file does not comply with established GTFS standards, its use requires adjustments and modifications to the programming of your application so that the information disseminated to customers is accurate. The use of this file is therefore conditional on making the necessary changes in compliance with the documentation Conditions d'utilisation et profil d'implémentation des flux GTFS-RT 2.0 de la STO (available in French).
Registration with identification is needed to access this data, which requires an API key.
Get all the info on how to use the API key (available in French)
The STO and its employees are not available for and cannot commit to offering support or guidance for users of its open data.
The STO recommends that, if needed, developers consult the many sources of information already available on the Internet regarding the use of GTFS files, such as:
Subscribe to our information e-mail to receive any news regarding the open data. Only information regarding the open data will be sent to those who have registered. By registering, you will also be able to contact us to share your ideas and tell us about the different applications being developed.